Sunday, May 20, 2007

Long time..no talk :0(

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted anything...but I have been in the New York City for the past week. This was my first time to the big city and I was so amazed at everything NYC has to offer. I have neck pains for looking up at all of the buildings, I have a full belly from eating soo much food, I have sore legs from walking about 100 blocks everyday, but I also have big dreams after visiting a few great cupcake/chocolate shops. On my trip I met Max Brenner, who owns his own chocolate restaurant, and this was the best place I've ever been in my life!! We also went to Crumbs Bakery, Serendipity, Jaqcue Torres' Chocolate Heaven, Marie Belle's Chocolate Shoppe, and a few other local bakeries on our way through the streets of Manhattan. After having gone to these places, meeting Max and getting his autograph (as well as two specialty desserts from him) I am determined to have my own shop!! It was almost like all of this was a sign or omen of what my calling is in life, and I know that sounds cliche, but I don't know how else to describe it. On our last day, when we were sitting in Max Brenner's restaurant I just had this feeling that my idea for a cupcake shop is my destiny...so now my real journey begins. Because now I'm on a mission to create a unique cupcake shop that allow my customers to leave will the same feeling I had when I left Max Brenner's, which was complete and utter satisfaction and happiness.

No comments: