Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Adventures of Chloe

A day in the life of Chloe...



2:30 am - Wake up with Baxter, follow him to front door and whine to go outside. Keep whining until Mom wakes up and bring me my pink leash. As soon as I see Mom I start swaying this long thing back by my legs that Mom and Dad call a tail. Mom grabs my leash and I start jumping for joy. The big door to the outside finally opens and I am free...for 5 minutes. I love feeling the breeze blow through my hair, but hate the wet pokey grass sticking me in the feet. I run to the front door and scratch to get in, because I am dying for a cookie! I hate when Mom makes me do tricks for my cookie though, oh well. No tricks, no cookie. I gobble my cookie up quick-quick, because Baxter chews fast and I hate sharing. Back to bed now.



7 am - Whoa! It's time to wake up! Mom's in the shower and I gotta get in there to steal the blue things that she always wears on her feet. This is the only time those things aren't guarded so I gotta grab them quick. Aha, got 'em! Now out to the living room to chew on them...ah damn, Mom's yelling at me to bring them back. Quick hide, then she'll never know it was me!



7:30 am - Eat some breakfast. Go out on porch, sniff around for crazy flying critters that I can jump at. I see Baxter staring at me and challenge him to a dual. He hates when I bite the ears, so that's the first thing I go for! Now the feet, now poke him in the side with my nose. Now whack him with my "tail" weapon! Ha ha, he runs away to Mom...I win!

8:30 am - Mom leaves to work, Dad goes shortly after. I hunt around for fun things to play with.



1:00 pm - Mom's back and finds out that I found some treasures. I don't know why she seems unhappy. I did a good job at tearing all those cords up! I even got in the bathroom and cleaned out the trash, I should be getting a cookie for all of my help! Egh- oh well. If I give her kisses she'll forgive me...I'm not worried.

7:00 pm - Mom and Dad stay in the kitchen making lots of noise, but things smell so yummy. I'm jealous. I beg for a taste, but they never give in. Wait, what's this? Ah my squeaky duck it glaring at me, he wants to wrestle. ATTACK! I fling him around to get him a little confused then I bite at his belly, SQUEAK SQUEAK. Yeah, take that, and that! Now I tear at the face, his fluff is going everywhere! I win!!



9:00 pm - Finally it's bedtime, I'm exhausted. At least I know I beat all my competitors today. And now I dream about treasures to find tomorrow.

(The smell that Chloe smelled this particular evening was my Banana Peanut Butter Chip Cake with Caramel Drizzle)
Banana Peanut Butter Chip Cake with Caramel Drizzle
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c mashed bananas
1/3 c water
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 bag of peanut butter chips
Jar of caramel sauce

Heat oven to 350, spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.

In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, water, oil, eggs and vanilla extract with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Sprinkle peanut butter chips evenly over batter.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Pour caramel sauce overtop and serve.

1 comment:

Snooky doodle said...

ha that diary is really funny and cute. The cake looks yummy. I like the recipe :-)