Monday, May 7, 2007

Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

The other day I was watching the Food Network, of course, and they had a Food Bytes commercial segment on for these cookies, which feature Ocean Spray Cranberries. They just sounded so light and tasty, that I had to try them. So I did, and they turned out awesome. I ended up adding walnuts to my recipe, because my family is nuts for nuts :0) It was hard for me to actually get the cookies onto the cookie sheet because all I wanted to do was eat the dough...I'm a cookie dough freak. But reluctantly I put down my spoon and washed my hands, and started scooping out the cookies.

This recipe was very easy, and very fast, I was done baking the cookies in about 25 minutes, which was nice. And the recipe makes just enough cookies (about 2 1/2 dozen) so that you're not left with hundreds of cookies that will eventually just go in the trash...which is always a sad sight. I hate throwing away my creations, it always breaks my heart and I feel like I'm betraying the trash-ridden goodies!

So, without further-a-doo here is the recipe!

INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375?F.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in sweetened dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.





No comments: