Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fields of Strawberries




One of the best signs that summer is on the way!! STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES. I kept seeing so many pictures in magazines for strawberry shortcakes that I broke down and decided to make some. This was the first time that I had ever attempted to make the biscuits on my own...we usually have strawberry shortcake but made with angel food cake, so it was fun to try something different. I found this recipe on Cooking Light's website, but I made my own special changes to it...like adding cinnamon to the mixture and I didn't have buttermilk, so I made my own low fat buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon vinegar to the requested amount of skim milk. The recipe from the website also shows this as one big shortcake, but I decide to cut it up into 6 pieces instead. Doing that made me a little nervous because I was afraid I wasn't going to get the cooking time right, but everything worked out just fine. These turned out great!!


No comments: