Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fondue For Two!!





Happy Anniversary!! This was last week and I totally forgot to put the pictures up! But my boyfriend and I just celebrated our 5th year of being together--Oh how sweet :0) Soo to celebrate we went to The Melting Pot, which is the WONDERFUL fondue restaurant. The only trick to eating there is that you have to not eat the entire day so that you'll have enough room for all of the food you get! And I'm not kidding. We always get the "Big Night" out, which is a choice of cheese fondue, then salad, then main course fondue, and to top it all of CHOCOLATE FONDUE (my personal favorite). So our choice for the cheese fondue was the "Feng Shui" which was amazing. It's made up of Fontina cheese, sake, garlic and shallots, which you then dip apples, bread, carrots, celery and cauliflower into (oh it was sooo goood). Then I had a California salad, but whose here for the salad? NOT ME!! On to the main course fondue, which was the "Fondue Fusion" a mix of surf and turf if you will. So with the main course they bring a plate of raw meat and veggies to you (Which is what you see in the pic) then you cook the food yourself in the boiling fondue broth. This is the funnest thing you will ever do! The even have a Search and Rescue spoon should you loose one of your precious fondue bites in the broth. To top it all of we finished our meal with the Cookies and Cream Chocolate Fondue, which is melted dark chocolate swirled with marshmallow creme and flambeed table side, then topped of with Oreo cookie crumbles---TO DIE FOR!!! The tasty bites they bring out for you to dip into the chocolate include strawberries, bananas, pineapples, cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, and peanut covered/Oreo covered marshmallows!!!!! And since my boyfriend doesn't really care for sweets, I practically ate the whole thing, he had to hold me back when I reached for the spoon (I wanted to eat all of the chocolate out of the fondue pot). When we left I couldn't even walk because I ate so much, and we had to sit down outside for a few minutes just so I could catch my breath...but it was worth it! Check online to see if there's a Melting Pot near you so that you can go home with the same wonderfully satisfying belly ache that I had!!

1 comment:

wedbliss5 said...

The Melting Pot is by FAR my favorite restaraunt - my husband and I go there for pretty much every special occasion - although we stick to the swiss cheese and banana's foster for dessert. Mmmmmm - banana's!