Thursday, June 14, 2007

Safe and Sound

Florida, Florida, Florida how I love your sunny, sandy beaches. Your gentle loving dolphins that scared me out of the ocean because I thought it was a shark. Your amazing launch of the Atlantis Space Shuttle that I will never forget, whose burning gold tail was like a culmination of forth of July sparklers. Your humid air that kept me from ever having a good hair day. Your symphonic crashing waves which brought peace and relaxation to my soul. Your picture book sunsets that melted my heart and swept me away. Your thrilling roller coasters that flipped, swirled, thrusted and dived my body, giving me the worst headache and sore throat (from all the screaming) ever! Your bright, blazing sun which turned me from bland to tan!! Your beautiful blue, pelican studded water that will always have a special place in my heart! Til next year Florida when we meet again!!


But I must say---It's good to be home!! Isn't it funny how when one is on vacation they start to get homesick and can't wait to come home, but once at home they think to themselves why was I ever wishing to come back home? Well that's is what I'm experiencing right now...vacation limbo :0( I guess we always want what we can't have...but hey that's life and besides I've got a lot of baking to catch up on. While on my trip I came up with some interesting recipe ideas that I can't wait to try so I'm excited to get back in the kitchen. Oh how I've missed my mixer, oven and cake pans!! But no more, cuz I'm back and things are about to get crazy in that little kitchen of mine. While lying on the beach I couldn't get my mind to stop racing about everything I wanted to make when I got home, and I'm afraid I feel a serious Bake-off coming on! So stay tuned for some seriously intense baking!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what kind of recipe ideas u got cookin!

Thistlemoon said...

Welcome back!